The TREE Project 2012/2013 - Know-how transfer on renewable energy for Russia, Angola, Ghana, Kenya, Mozambique, Tanzania and South Africa
The Renewables Academy (RENAC) has been commissioned by the Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology to conduct the capacity building project TREE - Transfer Renewable Energy & Efficiency. The project is part of the Initiative “renewables-Made in Germany” of the German Government.
TREE is a further education project especially for participants from the public sector and financing institutions. It offers comprehensive training in how to deliver knowledge on technical, legal and economic aspects of renewable energy technologies.
The overall objectives of the TREE project are:
- Building up new working sectors for renewable energy technologies.
- Strengthening economic and employment sector / market development for renewables.
- Supporting the creation of suitable frameworks for the development of renewables.
- Finding solutions for the financing of projects.
- Encouraging local education and training on renewables.
Who can participate?
The TREE seminars are specifically designed for employees of governmental entities that are responsible for strategy planning and implementation of renewable energy technologies, as well as employees in financing institutions and industry associations from the sector.
TREE target countries in 2012/2013 are Russia, Angola, Ghana, Kenya, Mozambique, Tanzania and South Africa. The offers are directed exclusively to participants from these seven target countries.
What does TREE offer?
TREE offers a wide range of further education for professionals on selected renewable energy technologies. Within the framework of the project, seminars in Russia, Angola, Mozambique, South Africa and Germany will be offered; additionally, e-learning ensures a solid preparation for each of the seminars as well as a follow-up to deepen and widen the knowledge gained.
All educational measures have the aim to point out the economic and structural advantages of renewable energy use and to focus on the instruments available for a sustainable market development. Renewable energy technologies will be examined from different points of view and will cover technological, economic, political and legal aspects.
The project can be divided into three phases – seminars in the target countries, seminars in Germany and e-learning offers.
Seminars in Russia, Angola, Mozambique and South Africa
The regional seminars focus on applications of the respective technologies – they mainly provide know-how on the technologies, system costs and project management. Aims of the regional seminars are:
- Achieving a fundamental understanding of the respective renewable energy technology and its applications
- Learning about project management of renewable energy projects.
- Creating an understanding of the calculation of project cost and financing.
These seminars are open to participants from all seven target countries of the TREE project.
Seminars in Berlin
The seminars in Germany are open to participants of all target countries and are dedicated to implementation strategies for renewable technologies. The aim is to transfer know-how on legal and political frameworks that must be designed in order to ensure a sustainable market development for renewable energy technologies.
Through the seminar participants will gain:
- An understanding of the technological basics of the respective technologies.
- An overview of support mechanisms for renewable energy technologies currently in use worldwide – advantages and disadvantages.
- Know-how on regulatory needs along the project cycle with respect to project planning, installation, operation and maintenance.
- An overview of necessary approvals and permissions for projects as well as the structures which have to be in place in order to guarantee an efficient administrative procedure.
- An overview of financing and business models for renewable projects. An important part of the seminars in Berlin will be B2B meetings with German companies, as well as site visits to see systems in operation.
Language of Seminars
The seminars in Russia, Angola, Mozambique and South Africa will be offered in the national language: In Angola and Mozambique seminars will be in Portuguese; in Russia they will be held in Russian; and in South Africa in English. The online seminars will also be offered in these three languages. Seminars in Berlin will be held in English as they are being offered for participants from all seven target countries. The seminar “Developing Rural Electrification” will be translated into Portuguese and the seminar “Market Development Bioenergy” into Russian.
What are the costs of participation?
TREE is a partial scholarship programme. Each scholarship includes the following:
- Participation in the seminars and provision of course materials.
- Participation in preparatory and follow-up online seminars.
- For seminars in Berlin: travel health insurance for the duration of the scholarship.
- Support from RENAC on organising accommodation and travel visa.
Travel and accommodation costs are not included in the scholarship and must be funded individually
What is the application procedure?
Candidates should apply to the Renewables Academy for a TREE seminar scholarship. Applications can be submitted online at www.tree-project.de/seminars/. The upload of a CV is compulsory.